Disaster can strike your home at any moment and unexpected weather changes can deteriorate and destroy your porch. Luckily, there are companies that specialize in porch repair and remodeling.
Here are the things to expect when you hire a professional to repair your porch’s flooring:
1. The builder is going to prep the area by removing all the pre-existing tongue and groove boards.
2. Next, a sand and mortar mixture will be made to match the existing foundation.
3. A stainless steel mesh will be added to allow air to circulate properly.
4. A proper pitch will be constructed as a support for the new porch flooring.
5. A subfloor will be laid perpendicular to the joist.
6. After the pitch is placed, the tongue and groove composite planks will be added.
7. A temporary straight edge will be tacked down to serve as a guide for the saw.
8. Once everything is set, the new floor will be painted according to the color of your choice.
Porches are the first visible structure that people notice when taking a look at your home from the outside, so it’s only natural for you to want to hire someone who’s experienced in porch repair. Don’t forget that regular maintenance is also necessary to keep your porch in excellent condition.